Aesthetics has always been an essential aspect of oral and facial rehabilitation. Clear aligners are popular aesthetic appliances in the field of cosmetic dentistry that offer additional benefits in terms of durability and strength. Invisalign is considered the most advanced option for straightening or realigning your teeth. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign are removable and transparent, making them virtually invisible.
Invisalign, provided by the Fresno cosmetic dentist, offers top-quality durability to correct orthodontic flaws with successful outcomes.
Invisalign aligners- an overview
Invisalign is a brand of clear aligners that are transparent trays made up of flexible biocompatible material with the desired tensile strength. These trays provide the same function as metal braces but in a more aesthetic way. Gentle yet firm force is applied to move the teeth to the desired position.
Indications of Invisalign
Invisalign is most often recommended to treat the following orthodontic imperfections:
- Crooked teeth
- Unwanted space between the teeth (diastema)
- Deep bite
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is an excellent alternative to metal braces due to the following benefits:
- Provide aesthetic solutions since they are transparent
- Removable appliances are very convenient for cleaning and brushing your teeth
- Greatly reduces the risk of gum disease
- Minimal irritation to the surrounding structures like gums and cheeks since there are no metal wires or brackets involved
- There are no diet restrictions since they can be removed while eating
The procedure involved in Invisalign
The treatment usually begins with a thorough oral examination to assess your teeth’ alignment and soft tissues.
- Your dentist will then take accurate oral impressions to fabricate the clear aligners
- The lab will create your customized clear aligner trays, ensuring they fit securely over your teeth
- During the aligner placement, your dentist will give you all the instructions and precautions to be followed for successful treatment
- You are expected to wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day
The length of the treatment ranges between 12 to 18 months, depending on your individual needs.
Some common tips to keep in mind include:
- You must remove your aligners while brushing and eating
- It is safe to sleep with the aligners in your mouth
- You must clean your aligner trays with unscented antibacterial soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush
- You must store them in their case when removed to prevent losing them
- Do not expose the aligners to extreme hot or cold temperatures
There is nothing impossible, especially when it comes to aesthetics. Invisalign is trending globally since it greatly helps correct orthodontic flaws in an aesthetic way when compared to metal braces.